While a quiz is usually not the best
means to test what a scout knows it is the fastest
way to test his knowledge. The following quiz can
be used to make sure a scout has learned everything
he needs to know to earn the Firem'n Chit.
True/False(Please write out word)
______1. All flammable vegetation should be al least
3 feet in all directions from a fire.
______2. A jug of water and/or a shovel should be
near a fire at all times. ______3. There can still
be a fire if no flame or smoke can be seen.
______4. Using gasoline or other flammable liquid
to help start a fire is alright as long as you don't
add more after you have lit a match.
______5. It is okay to play with burning sticks as
long as they are in the fire circle.
______6. Evidence of fires disappear in only a few
Fill-in(Put the correct word on the
7. In many public parks & camp grounds you may need
a __________ to build a fire.
8. Sometimes it is better to use a __________ than
9. If there is not already a fire circle at a campsite
then you can use a __________ or you can remove ___________
when needing to build a fire. 10. Never leave a burning
fire or stove __________.
11. Rocks used for a fire circle should be _________
__________ after you are done using a fire.
12. When putting out a fire first __________ the embers
then sprinkle __________ on the embers until the fire
13. Always keep a campfire under __________ __________.
Short Answer(Answer the following questions
by using complete sentences or phrases)
14. How is it possible to tell if a fire is totally
15. If water in not available or is
scarce what can be put on a fire to put it out?
Answers to the Quiz